Friday, June 08, 2007

wandering

As I wander the empty streets, passed by vacant gazes I wonder if I will ever find another - an invisible, the same as me? Noone will ever understand, not again, not the same...
Alone, more so than for a long time. Lost and empty yet again. Where did the thoughts go? Why nothing?
Having taken so long, painstakingly removing some of the surround, brick by tiny brick. Now it has so quickly been replaced...seemingly by quick-dry concrete. Caged away like some uncontrollable beast - maybe it is best this way. Trapped, with nothing but a sponge - how long will it take this time? The few small windows hazy and almost light-filtered. At least before they had been clean...

Knowing full well the battlements show my own facade, it might be impossible to alert them to the truth behind the mask...there are no pillows here afterall.

The only gap the most minescule of holes, big enough to fit the thinnest of wires, at the end of which is attached a pen, which can be manipulated for the crudest of communication.
Here it rests and works, all-the-while. Scratching through the merest of ruminations which someone, perhaps, will someday find.
If the words from a song could capture these things, I know of one which is identifiable with. There are probably more.

Until then I will walk hand in hand with the dust and air...

x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home